Central Workshop D-CHAB
With a total of 15 staff members, the Central Workshop is an important backbone for all researchers in the Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences.
The Central Workshop consists of two units: the unit for Physical Chemistry and Organic Chemistry as well as the unit for Chemical and Bioengineering and Inorganic Chemistry. Both units are independent, reporting to their respective institutes/laboratories. The machinery and equipment is jointly used and there is a strong and close cooperation between the two units. The two unit heads take turns leading the Central Workshop every three years.
Head Central Workshop
Professur für Physikalische Chemie
Prof. Dr. Hans Jakob Wörner
HCI E 237
Vladimir-Prelog-Weg 1-5/108093 Zürich
From an idea to tailored research equipment!
The Central Workshop is equipped with state-of-the art machinery and provides comprehensive services to all members of the D-CHAB, such as
- Design and construction of complex research equipment not available commercially, in close collaboration with researchers
- Repair and maintenance of research equipment
- Consulting and execution of welding tasks
- Consulting and support regarding mechanical tasks including the selection and procurement of appropriate materials
- Customer liaison and support of liquid N2, N2 and Ar supply
- Collaboration with the electronics technicians of the institutes